New CFSR Round 4 Resources
- The updated OSRI Quality Assurance Guide is recommended for use by reviewers and those conducting all levels of quality assurance (QA) to ensure that OSRI data are accurate, complete, and consistent. A new section, "Instructions for Foster Care Cases Involving a Trial Home Visit (THV)," provides guidance when rating foster care cases in which the target child or their sibling(s) went home on a trial home visit during the period under review. The English version is available now. A Spanish update will be posted soon.
- The September 2023 CFSR Update includes information and key resources for Round 4, the Community of Practice opportunity from the Capacity Building Center for States, legal and judicial communities’ involvement in the CFSRs, the Children’s Bureau’s vision for Final Results meetings and Program Improvement Plan development, and Spanish translations of many CFSR materials added to the portal.
- The Capacity Building Center for States supports state agencies in preparing for Round 4 of the CFSRs. The Center offers publications, tools, peer networking, and technical assistance to help child welfare agencies and their partners plan and implement all phases of CFSR Round 4, from Statewide Assessment planning through Program Improvement Plan development and implementation.
- Guiding Principles, Framework, and Tools for the Program Improvement Plan Development Process provides guiding principles, a suggested framework, and resources and tools states can use when developing a quality Program Improvement Plan after their CFSR.
- More materials are available under CFSR Round 4 Resources.